With a direct report to the VP of Group Procurement, you will be responsible for both the Category Management team consisting of three people as well as the direct category & sourcing management of Group IT.
Group Procurement has moved up the value chain at Scandlines
The department is actively working with the development of strategic category and sourcing management, various P2P optimization programs, digitalisation, E-sourcing and vendor management as core focus areas.
A proven success factor is that the business now actively recognizes and seeks Procurement as a value-adding business partnering function with, for instance, sourcing activity planning being fully integrated into the business budget process.
In this role, you will have responsibility for end-to-end procurement processes
You will have great opportunities to influence ways of working and at the same time have hands-on responsibility in one of the most interesting categories in Scandlines; IT. A business function that is absolute business-critical for future success and one Scandlines invests heavily in.
Your primary task and responsibilities will be:
● Set direction for the Category Management function
● Set individual goals and targets for the Category Management function
● Drive, develop and implement best practice Category Management processes and working routines within the team and with key stakeholders
● Support, drive and follow up on individual team tasks (work plan projects)
● Bi-monthly 1:1 meeting, where current and future tasks are discussed
● Ensure correct documentation in Scandlines E-sourcing suite (eSource)
● Team education on theoretical topics such as vendor segmentation, stakeholder management and communication, negotiation tactics and variables and financial analysis
● Annual category project planning together with CIO and other stakeholders
● Participation in all significant IT projects
● Project execution on digital procurement platform – eRFx and eAuctions
● Spend analyses and vendor consolidation
● Quarterly business reviews with vendors and stakeholders
● Electronic catalogue management on selected vendors
● “Invent” and present new initiatives in accordance with Procurement Strategy
● Ad hoc reporting
We are looking for a persuasive negotiator with a large strategic purchasing toolbox
A person with a bachelor/master degree within purchasing, supply chain management and/or finance/administration. At least 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing such as sourcing manager, category manager or strategic procurement in an international company and you can document your results.
As the role is a combination of people management and direct category management responsibility, it is important that you can both act on a strategical level as well as an operational level. Group Procurement is a small group handling the full end-to-end procurement process, hence it is important that you can work across all areas of procurement.
As Scandlines has a strong focus on being at the forefront of their market, there is a constant focus on business development and transformation, it is, therefore, important to get a person on board, who can drive change management while promoting the procurement policies in the organisation. Additionally, one who is a great team player knowing how to cooperate with a team of professionals from various functions.
Further, we are looking for a person with:
● Strong communication skills in Danish and English, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to convey complex matters in a simple and logical fashion.
● Strong analytical skills and sufficient knowledge to challenge and improve the existing setup
● Great attention to detail
● Proactive, solution-oriented and service-minded approach
● Experience with IT sourcing/category management
Scandlines Danmark ApS a subsidiary of Scandferries Holding ApS
Operates the ferries on the Rødby-Puttgarden and Gedser-Rostock routes between Denmark and Germany as well as Bordershops in Puttgarden and Rostock.
The core business is to provide an efficient and reliable transport service for both passengers and freight customers. The main focus for all activities in Scandlines is to create value for our customers on board the ferries as well as in our shops.
Scandlines employs around 1500 full time, with more than 43,000 departures on 8 ferries.
Application and CV
The recruitment process is being handled by Talentree. If you have any questions, please contact Frederik Vind on +4527281182. Send us your CV via the link below. We will be processing applications as they are received.